Payroll & HR
Opera 3 Payroll simplifies your key tasks and has PAYE Recognition so you will always have peace of mind.
Opera 3 Payroll is available as a stand alone application or integrates with the other applications available for Opera 3; linking seamlessly to Personnel and P11D Organiser.
Multi-user, with Company and Group password control and menu level access restriction
- Full integration with Opera 3 Document Management
- Links to the Nominal Ledger, Cashbook and Costing Financial modules of Opera 3
- Definable cheque and payslip designs to suit Company stationery requirements
- Create unlimited Companies with unlimited employees per Company
- Weekly, fortnightly, four weekly and monthly paid employees can be maintained all in one company
- Employee profiles for efficient employee record creation
- Employee payment details and payslip images can be retained for up to 999 pay periods
- Payslips from past periods can be reprinted at any time
- Employees can be paid via BACS, reducing the time and costs required to process payments
- Submit Year-End Returns via the Government Gateway using the Pegasus Online Filing Manager
- In-Year P45(1), P45(3) and P46 file generation for online submission using the Online Filing Manager
- Filtered Historical employee record processing to current legislative bandwidths
- Automated Director’s National Insurance calculations
- Multiple Pension Scheme management
- Track report on key field changes for the Payroll year using the Audit Log
- Backup and Restore facility
- Fully automated SSP, SMP and SPP (Birth) processing and reporting, with complex legislation built in
- Automated Attachment Orders processing and reporting
- Retrospective NI code changes with automatic adjustment value calculation and processing
- Caters for Holiday pay across year-end
- Address, bank details and holidays
- Tax and National Insurance To-Date details
- Payments and deductions – permanent and temporary values, retained units and rates, zero this period facility
- Quick calculation – showing net pay, total deductions and NI’able earnings
- Retained History with payslip image drill down
- Employee photograph attachment
- Ability to embed documents, spreadsheets etc, via OLE technology
- Departmental reporting
- Payslip, cheque and BACS list generation
- P35, P14 and P60 End-of-Year reports
- P45(1), P45(3) and P46 In-Year reports
- P11 Deductions Working Sheet
- P32 employer’s Payment Record, with payment and funding recording and multi-company consolidation
- This Period and To Date summaries
- Comprehensive statutory payments, Attachment Orders and pension contribution reports
- Additional Reporter module available, for the creation of your own reports
- Mixed Pension schemes per company
- Stakeholder Pensions
- Fixed amount
- Percentage of definable figure
- Group Personal Pension
- Freestanding AVC
- Up to three different LEL/UEL criteria
- Employee diary showing sickness, holidays, maternity and compassionate leave, and training
- Variable employee working patterns reflected within the diary
- Accurate days, hours and minutes event recording and analysis
- Keep records for up to 99 years, including job changes and salary updates
- Pro-rata holiday entitlement and holiday carry-over
Extended Information Sources
- Export information to Microsoft products such as Word and Excel
- Send reports via e-mail
- Payroll administrator and management reports delivered via e-mail
- Regularly notify staff of remaining holiday entitlement automatically by e-mail
- Automatically notify managers of Payroll requirement by e-mail
Changes to the pensions law (the Workplace Pensions Reform) mean that employers must enrol their employees into a pension scheme and pay into it. Opera 3 payroll will handle your auto enrolment requirements, from categorising your workers and auto enrolling them to managing employer and employee contributions and handling opt-ins and opt-outs.
- It has NEST (National Employment Savings Trust) Integration so you can send contributions and information to Nest electronically
- Opera 3 Payroll caters for auto enrolment of pensions as standard
- It’s HMRC RTI and PAYE recognised for extra peace of mind
- It can be fully integrated with other Opera 3 applications, eliminating the need to run separate systems. Alternatively it can be purchased as a stand alone solution
- Add employees and companies at no extra cost, ideal for growing businesses.
See what our customers say about Opera 3 Payroll and Auto Enrolment
“We have been using Opera 3’s Auto-Enrolment capabilities to assess our workforce, categorising employees into Eligible Jobholders, Non-Eligible Jobholders and Entitled Worker status, before automatically enrolling those who are eligible or opt-in. The system is fully integrated with the NEST workplace pensions scheme, and has been live for a few weeks now. It is working well in supporting our needs and allowing us to meet the new requirements fully.”
Russel Bartlett, Payroll Manager, Celtic Manor Resorts
Real Time Information (RTI)
Under RTI, employers and pension providers need to tell HMRC about PAYE payments at the time they are made. Opera 3 payroll caters fully for the submission of Real Time Information, including the Full Payment Submission (FPS) required for each pay period.
“Real Time Information means that employers and pension providers tell HMRC about PAYE payments at the time they are made as part of their payroll process. Payroll software will collect the necessary information and send it to HMRC online.” HM Revenue & Customs
What is PAYE RTI?
RTI will ensure that the PAYE system meets the needs of the 21st century and will make it easier for employers, pension providers and HMRC to administer PAYE. Under RTI, employers and pension providers will tell HMRC about PAYE payments at the time they are made – as opposed to how it is done today, at the end of the financial year.
With the HMRC RTI system, employers are required to send data about PAYE, NIC and student loans every time they pay an employee, rather than just once a year with the end-of-year return. Payroll software will collect the necessary information and send it to HMRC online. All Pegasus payroll solutions* cater for RTI.
Pegasus Online Filing Manager
Online filing is more efficient and convenient than paper filing, and submitting your Annual Returns and PAYE in-year returns using Pegasus Online Filing Manager makes it even easier.
Pegasus Online Filing Manager comes as standard with Opera 3 Payroll & HR. It’s intuitive, accurate and uses the information already generated via normal payroll processing, removing the need to re-key data. It was the first professional application to gain HMRC approval for verifying and electronically submitting P14 and P35 information.
The Pegasus Online Filing Manager caters for the submission of the VAT 100 Return to HMRC. It is now a requirement for most companies to submit their annual P14 and P35 online.
Please refer to the Payroll & HR section for further details.
HMRC has a number of useful contacts for help with online filing:
- Visit www.hmrc.gov.uk/payeonline
- Call the Employers’ Helpline on 0845 7143 143
- Call the Online Services Helpline on 0845 6055 999
Refer to your Employer’s Budget CD-ROM. Further copies of this can be obtained from the Employers’ Order Line on 0845 7646 646.